Sunday 14 April 2013

Guest post


Today I am thrilled to welcome Jackie, a friend of mine from my local crop.


Days like these ...

As I write these instructions it's not much like Spring outside, the snow is falling and it is freezing, but I hope by now it has all gone and a distant memory.

Now onto my layout, the theme for Spring is recycling, growth so here is my layout and instructions on how I put it together.

I put together a mini page kit including thickers (which I ended up not using).

I started by cutting this paper to approx. 7 x 4 and inked the edges. 

All the edges of the papers have been inked using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Then taking a section of the ‘love’ paper

Using the Coffee Cup Cardboard holder - I carefully flatten it out and the edges off, I added some bakers twine to the back to keep it in place, then wrapped it round several times before tying a bow at the front right. 

I punched some heart shapes from the left over cardboard.

I stamped onto one of the tags.

Then it was time to layer everything up.

I added foam pads to the back of the photo

To stick the die cut shape to the page I used Glossy Accents.

I added 3 cardboard hearts to the layout, and then I choose some of the wood veneer - again I inked the edges and choose 3 different shapes.

To help ground this shapes I punched 3 circles
 

and used some of the washi tape and brads to make clustered embellishments.

To finish off I used a roller stamp to add the date.


Thank you Jackie.  What a fabulous layout.  And it's so great to see how to do a layout about a boy.

Don't forget to use the linky below to add your take on 'Days like these...'